Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register to vote? Where do I vote?

Citizens can register to vote at the Knox County Election Commission which is located in the Old Courthouse on Main Avenue. The Election Commission can be reached at (865) 215-2480. Citizens vote at precincts throughout the county. Polling places are usually at schools and if you will telephone the Election Commission, you can easily determine where you vote.

Where are Knox County Satellite Offices located?

The Knox County Clerk maintains five satellite offices for your convenience along with the old Knox County Courthouse location downtown. The downtown location also has a drive thru for renewals and disabled placards only. These offices offer various services but all are capable of renewing Knox County vehicle registrations, issuing and processing notary applications and marriage license applications as well as business license applications.

Other offerings such as Renewal of a Tennessee DL and photo ID’s are available at the Knox County Courthouse, Cedar Bluff and Halls ONLY. Passports can be done at the Knox County Courthouse, East, and Cedar Bluff offices ONLY.

All offices with the exception of East are open to the public from 8-4:30 M-F with Passports and Driver license closing at 4 p.m. daily. The only exception is the Easts office is open from 9-5:30 M-F. Passports and Driver license at the East office close at 5 p.m. daily. The East office also has a drive thru for renewals and disabled placards only. If you wish to get married in a civil ceremony, you must call the Knox County Courthouse office and make an appointment to get married at the Knox County Courthouse ONLY.

Main Office
Old Knox County Courthouse
300 W. Main Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37902
(865) 215-2385

Monday – Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm

Old Courthouse has a drive thru open 8-4:30 Renewals and Disabled Placards Only.
Motor Vehicle, Driver License and Passports close each day at 4 p.m.

Cedar Bluff
1028 Old Cedar Bluff Road
Knoxville, TN 37923
(865) 215-8500

Monday – Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm

Passports and Driver License both close each day at 4 p.m.

Farragut Towne Hall
11408 Municipal Center Dr. 2nd Floor
Farragut, TN 37934
(865) 966-5205

Monday – Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm

Closes all functions at 4:30 p.m.

North Knoxville / Halls
7028 Maynardville Pike
Knoxville, TN 37918
(865) 922-5210

Monday – Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm

Driver License closes each day at 4 p.m.

South Knoxville
7339 Chapman Hwy. – Chapman Plaza
Knoxville, TN 37920
(865) 577-4510

Monday–Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm

Closes all functions at 4:30 p.m.

East Knoxville
3010 S. Mall Road
Knoxville, TN 37917
(In the old Markman’s Jewelry Store and in front of Lowe’s Home Improvement stores.)
(865) 215-2385

Monday–Friday: 9:00am to 5:30pm

Passports and Driver License both close each day at 5 p.m.

Knox County Property Taxes can be paid at all offices. If you have questions or need assistance, please call the Knox County Trustee directly.

How do I get items on the Commission Agenda?

The Commissioners set their own agenda. Each department, agency, or organization transacting business with the Commission must complete a form requesting legislative action on a particular issue. All supporting documentation for each individual request is required at the time the request is made. There is a deadline for items to be received which is almost always noon the first Monday of the month. Any item received after the deadline is automatically considered the following month.

Once all the requests for legislative action are received by the Commission office, the chairman of commission sets the agenda for the coming month. Generally held on the Wednesday following the agenda deadline, each item is discussed and assigned to committee/s for a hearing. If you need further information about this process, please contact the Knox County Commission office at 215-2534.

Can anyone attend Commission Meetings?

The meetings of the Knox County Commission are open to the public. In fact, Commission meetings are broadcast live over cable television each month. All committee meetings are also open to the public.