Reply To: 2023 Legislative Priorities
Welcome to the
Knox County Commission! › Forum › Knox County Commission Forum › 2023 Legislative Priorities › Reply To: 2023 Legislative Priorities
1) Sales Tax Administration Fee – Lowering current fee of 1.125%
2) Allow Counties to collect local option sales tax up to $3,400. Currently we can only collect up to $1,600.
3) Commissioners to participate in meetings by remote means for only medical hardships which would be approved by the Chair of
4) Collection of road user fees from electric vehicles. Knox County receives no compensation for electric vehicles using our roads.
5) No more unfunded mandates by the state.
6) Full funding for our K-12 Schools.
7) TDOT to install overhead lighting at the I-40/75 and Pellissippi Pkwy (I-140). It is the only major interchange that is not lighted in Knox