Below are the non-consent items for the April work session agenda:
1: Honorary Resolution
7-9: Drives & Roads
10-11: Line Items & Budget Amendments
42: IDB Quitclaim Deed
46: School Security
47: Swimming Pools
48: Gov. Lee Exec. Order
49-52: Ordinances on First Reading
If you would like to have additional items pulled from consent, please reply to this forum post or email the chair and Commission Office.
In regards to agenda item #42. R-23-4-901, I offer the following:
• This facilitates the expansion at Axle Logistics, which will almost double in size eventually having more than 1,000 employees with a current average earning of $117k a year.
• The Sheriff will give up the current impound lot, the County will pave and improve it.
• Axle will buy the land for the appraised value plus what Knox spends on improvements.
• Axle bought land the Sheriff approved on Wheeler Street and will add improvements and two buildings to replace what the Sheriff is giving up. That cost will be deducted from the price paid to Knox, although it is more likely Axle ends up spending more.
• Taxpayers won’t lose a penny, but this enables economic growth.
• Great effort and cooperation by public and private sectors. Axle, County Finance, County Engineering and Public Works, the Sheriff’s Office and the Industrial Development Board have all worked together to make this happen.
I would also like to bring attention to an observation of more recommended RB (General Residential) zonings. RB allows for multi-family use by right, has fewer landscaping requirements, and does NOT require a development plan.