Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

PUBLIC HEARING SCHEDULE

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Richie Beeler
    Participant

Fellow Commissioners,

After going over the calendar with Dru, it appears the best option for Public Hearing on the Zoning Ordinance O-22-6-104 is at 5pm on July 18, with our regular July Work Session to immediately follow. This will give us just enough time to meet the 15-day notice requirement, and seems preferable to scheduling it on the 25th, since it could create a delay in starting our Commission Meeting. There has been a fair amount of public input on this Ordinance already, and should the hearing require time for more, I would prefer it affect the Work Session and not the Commission Meeting.

Please respond to this post as soon as possible with a YES if July 18 at 5pm immediately before our Work Session is an agreeable time to schedule this Public Hearing. Thank you as always,

Richie Beeler
    Chairman

Yes

John Schoonmaker
    Participant

Chairman Beeler,

I am available for the Public Hearing on July 18th. I would like to suggest we hold the meeting at 4:00pm so if any citizens appear and speak, which could take time, we are not having our County Dept. Directors and School Administration waiting on us to complete a public meeting.

Regards,
    John Schoonmaker
    5th District

Larsen Jay
    Participant

Yes.

Richie Beeler
    Participant

Commissioners,

Here is our challenge now. Because Monday is a holiday, it would be necessary for us to get public notice of a hearing in this Sunday’s edition of the Knoxville News-Sentinel in order to meet the 15-day deadline for a hearing on July 18. Unfortunately, the News-Sentinel has told us they will be unable to run the notice this Sunday. This means the soonest we can get notice out is now Tuesday, July 5 in the Knoxville Focus. This puts us back to either the 20th, 21st, or on the 25th immediately prior to the Commission meeting.

While I agree with Commissioner Schoonmaker that this is not ideal, in the essence of time, and now encountering a closing window to even get this noticed by the 5th, I am seeking your concurrence with holding this Public Hearing on Ordinance O-22-6-104 at 5pm on Monday, July 25, with Commission Meeting to immediately follow. We can do our best to notify and work with all potentially affected department heads accordingly.

Thank you for your help.

Richie Beeler
    Chairman

Terry Hill
    Participant

Yes

yes, the 25th

John Schoonmaker
    Participant

Yes, on the 25th.

Enjoy your Fourth of July weekend !!

Courtney Durrett
    Participant

Yes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.