Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Terry Hill

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Non consent items for September meeting #7680
    Terry Hill
    Participant

      Commissioner Fox,
      Your request about item 42 is already listed as a non consent item.

      in reply to: Monday agenda #7265
      Terry Hill
      Participant

        I would agree it might be best to do this. I struggle to see how this relates to the business of commission.

        in reply to: IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE RESPOND TODAY #6164
        Terry Hill
        Participant

          Yes, yes

          in reply to: Response to R-25-5-902 #5954
          Terry Hill
          Participant

            Thank you Shane for your comments. As the sponsor of this I would like to reply:

            This proposed change for consideration of our Chairperson in no way limits their personal freedom of speech.
            It only requires the Chair to clarify that their opinion or feelings do NOT represent the majority of the commissions as indicated by vote of the commission when speaking publicly.
            The Chair is still absolutely free to speak their personal view of anything they choose in any venue they are addressing publicly.
            The Chairperson, by virtue of their position represents 10 other Commissioners and the Knox County Commission collectively. As Chairperson they are often asked to speak at events BECAUSE of their leadership position. The perception of many people attending these gatherings is that they speak as Chairperson for the Commission.
            This rule simply states that they clarify the position of the Commission (if voted issue). They can still continue to speak anything they want about THEIR opinions or personal vote on subject matter.
            I hope you will take these points into consideration as you deliberate on this issue. I do not believe any one of use wants to feel we have been misrepresented by our Chair when chair represents us in our County.

            in reply to: Invitation to Knox County Emergency Management Agency #4931
            Terry Hill
            Participant

              I am available 11/21 and 12/5

              in reply to: Comp Plan Discussion #4316
              Terry Hill
              Participant

                I would like to offer the following amendment to the place type map in the proposed Comprehensive Plan:

                Parcel ID: 077-148 located at 8397 Beaver Ridge Rd.
                Suburban Residential to Rural Crossroads Commerical

                This property is located on a three way intersection and relatively isolated due to topography. Only 1.2 of three acres is considerable buildable. Location is Rural Crossroad and suitable for commercial development.
                Thank you

                in reply to: Commissioners – Please Read….. #4315
                Terry Hill
                Participant

                  I would appreciate posting amendments you would want to add at this time.
                  However if your discussion items are to address major changes do note them so staff and commissioners will have a chance to review them before discussion.
                  Terry

                  in reply to: Commissioners – Please Read….. #4312
                  Terry Hill
                  Participant

                    Thank you for your reply Larsen, and I absolutely respect your concerns.
                    I am STRONGLY encouraging all commissioners to submit changes ASAP.
                    I will leave deadline at Monday 8:00 am with hope that each commission will be respectful of their colleagues , our hard working staff , and submit major changes proposed by end of day Friday.

                    in reply to: RLA-15707 #4283
                    Terry Hill
                    Participant

                      Great, look forward to hearing in detail about proposed changes.
                      Thanks for your hard work on this
                      Terry

                      in reply to: Legislative Priorities #3312
                      Terry Hill
                      Participant

                        Well ugh: I mean DRU, and cycle……sorry

                        in reply to: September Non-Consent Items #3293
                        Terry Hill
                        Participant

                          Please also add to non-consent:
                          Items #25, 26,28,39,41
                          Thanks,
                          Terry

                          in reply to: Legislative Priorities Meeting #3280
                          Terry Hill
                          Participant

                            No family member is permitted to apply for a Knox County Beer Permit in the same business location that is ( was) held by relative in location that has been revoked by the Knox County Beer Board for a period of one year from date of revocation.

                            Commissioners,
                            Wording is not good and family needs defining, but you get the idea. I think we are all tired of this being allowed to happen in Knox County.

                            in reply to: April Non-Consent Items #2936
                            Terry Hill
                            Participant

                              Please pull 28 from consent.

                              in reply to: TEST #2806
                              Terry Hill
                              Participant

                                Yes to test

                                in reply to: February Non-Consent Items #2702
                                Terry Hill
                                Participant

                                  Courtney, please pull items 12,16 and 26 from consent.
                                  Also asking how “deep in the mud” do we want to go on discussion of any items on zoning during workshop? Would you prefer zoning discussion be held till next week?

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)